Sunday, January 29, 2006

"You're Still Here??"

(Quote of the day today at church.)

Today was a bombardment of wide eyed well wishers, sympathy, and laughter as everyone marveled at Faith's silent stubborn streak and her Mama's endurance. At 41 weeks tomorrow, I really am the last one standing.

I received an adorable handmade crocheted shawl from a good friend at church, and I had to show her handy work off. She made this in a DAY. I wish I could pump something as beautiful as this out in a day:


Tomorrow is my next appointment, and I'm interested to hear if I have made any progress. A close friend has recommended a tincture of parsley boiled in water (drink just the water). Parsley is apparently known for its ability to stimulate contractions during childbirth and increase the flow of breast milk. I am not a very brave sport or believer in many home remedies, but if I choose to do any self imposed things to get everything moving faster, I'll probably give it the ol' college try tomorrow (as long as my cervix is pronounced "favorable").

All of my experiences with Pitocin have been very pleasant - we get along, and my babies have never reacted unfavorably. Oh, but the principle of it all!!!! My third one should have just slid out by now. I just might raise a glass of green goo in the name of my last battle against Uterus of Steel. If I'm going to go under the needle, I'm going to go down swinging.

No comments: