Thursday, January 26, 2006

Keeping It Together

I had my first "wig out" today. I just couldn't take the waiting game anymore. It helps if you have a contraction, but most of the day today has been contractless. Absolutely uneventful. I could just begin to feel Depression walking into the room this afternoon, which is really stupid. I'm not THAT late.

I was not about to let Depression get in the way of something that WILL eventually happen, so, I grabbed the keys and some cash and did what I almost never do...I got a "mani and a pedi". The works with all of the treatments. And then I got my brows waxed followed by a shoulder massage for 15 minutes. Not sure how she did it, but the non-English speaking lady managed to convince me to get 50 more minutes of shoulder and face massage. I kept thinking, maybe I just need to relax a little to open things up. In the end, my hands, feet, and brows look lovely, but my shoulders are killing me!!! They are honestly bruised to the bone. Pleasure endorphins, pain endorphins...something needs to set this labor into motion.

I do feel a little better. Ken has been very supportive, and suggested tonight that we add to our "help the baby out" regiment and he'd blow up the purple exercise ball for me to sit on. I already feel like I walk like a cowboy, but I'll try something different. Put me on the ball, pump me full of raspberry tea with a double portion of parmesean eggplant and a chaser of castor oil. I'm not so sure about the castor oil, but it sure sounds like pulling out the big guns.

The good news is my ol' false labor friend Braxton Hicks is sitting beside me again tonight. I know I'm living a lie, but it make me feel better just pretending like this is early labor. If I go get a Pepsi and stay propped on my back, I can probably convince him to stick around for another hour or two and keep me and Faith company.

No comments: