Sunday, January 15, 2006

In Transition...

So here I am...AGAIN...practicing for what usually ends up being the 2nd nursing session in the night. Between Faith working on perfecting her pole vaulting skills over the top of my ribs, and my battle with mucus overload...the next hour will be spent wide awake.

Last night started getting really uncomfortable. I mean REALLY uncomfortable. Ill uncomfortable. Ken and I pulled out Blokus while we watched football this evening, and I ended up finishing the game on my hands and knees in an effort to avoid going insane from the feeling of tautness. Stretching out on the couch is useless, and a warm shower did little to soften things up.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to stretch beyond feeling the dig of her heels under my ribs. It is almost like Chinese water torture - just a small annoyance you can't escape that gradually sends you into flip out mode. But when she starts POLE VAULTING I find myself taking extreme measures and instantly running for the Pepcid, sometimes cheating and taking more than 2 in a 24 hour period. I'm so sick of Pepcid tablets. I feel like I have a constant taste of metal in my mouth from those pink little pills. But without them...I would already be in the nut house.

This has been such a bummer week, and on top of it, I am admittedly a complete baby when I get a sore throat (it is right next to mosquitoes on my hate list). And I know my blogging has hardly been in the realm of uplifting over the last few days. I need to remind myself of the beautiful scenery that will soon be before me:

Positive and exciting days are ahead, filled with laughter, baby sounds and that beautiful smell of a newborn. I'm not far from feeling that instinctual and maternal love that occurs when as I study my newborn child from head to toe: the little hairtufts at the top of their ears (Jack), their exotic eyes (Grace), their tiny button nose (Jack), that special something about their mouth (Grace). What unique discoveries will I find as my eyes roam over little Faith?

And lastly, almost what I look more forward to then the birth of Faith herself, is sharing this newborn treasure with my two very loved children. They will both be old enough to know and understand that their sister is here. I long to study every inch of their faces once again, as they meet and hold their new sister for the first time --- what an awesome and moving event that will be for me.

No comments: