Saturday, January 21, 2006

What's For Breakfast?

We have a rule in our house that the kids can't come out of their rooms in the morning until 7:30am. It usually works, and sometimes you receive an extra blessing and they let you sleep while they play together in their rooms. However, there is always a small sacrifice, and I find myself in my morning stupor of sleep and awakeness weighing the sacrifice verses more sleep. It could be a pile of cinnamon and sugar all over the floor as they tried to make their own toast. It could be milk dripping from a sippy cup into the carpet, as they tried to get their own drink. Sometimes more sleep is worth the work later.

Today it was maraschino cherries. For breakfast, the children fixed themselves bread, with stemmed maraschino cherries on the side. Grace has had her eyes on the bottle of cherries ever since I made Ambrosia Salad a few days ago. Can't say I blame her...I love those little bright red tasties too. At least they put them on a tray to eat, it could have been much worse, and red cherry juice in the kitchen was minimal. Today, it was worth the extra hour and half of sleep.

No comments: