Monday, January 16, 2006

One Week and Counting

Ah, some good news. Mom called me last night and I tried my best to hold up my end of the conversation with a barely there voice. As soon as she heard I was sick she said without hesitation, "Oh, I always got sick about a week before I went into labor with you kids." REALLY??? I asked her with what and she said, "Respiratory illnesses." Oh, Please be true for me!!!! Of course she also cooked all of us for an extra two to three weeks -- but I'm going to ignore that for now and cling on to some hope.

Ken is my other hope. He makes me laugh. He thinks he can "read" my body and all my signs - ovulation, pregnancy, the onset of labor. He is right to a great extent. He knows me very well, and there is a lot of science to support the idea that males are cued into the ovulation patterns of females. But I enjoyed finally being able to keep a secret from him and hiding this pregnancy long enough (3 weeks) to surprise him on our anniversary with a Padron 1926 Anniversary Maduro Sampler (that is an outstanding quad of cigars ladies) and the news that he would be a daddy for the third time. Maybe he was just having a bad month on instincts. Judging by my roundness, he told me last night that he thinks I'm almost there. In about a week. I'll go with that.

Let's see what the doc's prediction is on Wednesday after an internal. Internals are always a big let down for me as I am never beyond a centimeter in dilation. If he tells me two centimeters and up, I'll be climbing the walls with glee.

No comments: