Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Pregnant Pause...At 39 Weeks

As a mom, you find that you are rarely in front of the camera and almost always the one behind it taking the picture. This usually is just the way I prefer it because I'm still in my PJs, or I haven't showered, or it is a bad hair month, or you blink. But every once and awhile I wish that I had more pictures of myself with the kids. I'm worried one day they are going to look through the photo album and keep asking..."Where were you?", "Didn't you go on vacation with us?", or worst of all, "I can't remember doing anything with you." It's a bit dramatic, but the thought does cross my mind sometimes.

The youngest one always gets the shaft with pictures too. When I was pregnant with Grace we were taking a belly shot every month...poor Faith, this is our first belly shot...at 39 weeks. I was determined to figure out how to work the timer on the digital camera today, and get at least one photo at home. I can't stand that ghastly last minute photo in a hospital gown or on the hospital lawn when you are about to bust at the seams. So here she is, my smallest of the three and all in the front:

No comments: