Saturday, January 28, 2006

Come Out With Your Hands Up

Yesterday, things picked back up again around late afternoon. I began having strong contractions about 10 minutes apart for an hour or two (strong for me on my own...feeling the uterus lift, tighten to a rock, and hold, but no pain). Of course, then I moved around, and they left, until Ken and I hunkered down to watch Cinderella Man. A few more here and there, but nothing really. So more false labor, but hopefully it is loosening the pipes down there.

Last night was the best night of sleep I have had in months. I should be feeling like a hippo, but I almost don't even feel pregnant right now. My belly feels so petite compared to my other two. I didn't even make a trip to the loo during the night...which is unheard of. Seven hours straight of uninterrupted sleep. Pure Bliss.

In the last month, I have been making trips to various Baby sites and boards (Baby Blogland, Fertility Friend,) and watching an occasional baby show to psych myself up for reality. It's my way of prepping and "reviewing the tape" of all of the game plays before playing the game. Before the last month of pregnancy I couldn't tell you how many weeks I was - I never counted or kept track with Faith. But I do get serious in the last month, and start studying up. Of course, almost all of the lovely round ladies due in January are now talking about breastfeeding, exploding diapers, sleeping routines and the like. And then there is me, still lurking around. With #4 (yes, there will at least be a #4) I should count on the following formula:

1) Prior to first ultrasound add 10 days to estimated due date in order to be within remote target range.

2) At first ultrasound, be prepared to see at least a week earlier baby then expected based on adjusted due date. Add an additional 7 days.

3) Quit kidding yourself. Pass Go. Swallow hard, and add two more weeks.

4) Induce and ignore all three adjusted due dates.

Don't even bother to do the math. I don't know how I get positives on a pee stick that early either.

Today...I finish sewing my bunting sacks. I'm sure that is why Faith is waiting to emerge from her fully furnished pad. She better hurry if she plans on coming out voluntarily. Two men and a truck of Pitocin will be arriving soon if she doesn't.

No comments: