Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Turning Lemons Into Lemonade

Tonight Faith and I did our best to help Mommy out with her impending threat of Mastitis and have a little fun in the process. I LOVE bathing with my babies, and it is a shame that I don't remember to do it more often. There is just nothing more fun than climbing into the tub and joining the fun with a water loving baby. While the kids and Ken were at AWANA, we sang to each other, nursed, kicked sideways, kicked on our back, practiced standing and splashing, and sang some more.

Watching Faith kick rapid fire in the water, with wild excited eyes, and an upturned little cooing mouth puts pure joy in my heart. It's like watching a puppy frolic and pounce in the sand at the beach. You can't help but feel the same happiness. She did a stellar job nursing on the side that is giving me trouble. My job was to entertain and sing every single nursery rhyme I could remember, while she nursed and gazed starry eyed at me with those baby blues as if I were the best alto in the opera.

My left side is still red and raw, but it was a strong effort to soak in warm water and nurse. Faith is down for the count tonight after an hour of piston firing leg splashing. I so hope this night brings relief and healing. The good news is I still have my wits about me...I think.

No comments: