Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Do You Know How Long It Has Been?

...since we had a family picture? Our last attempt at professional pictures was four years ago, and it traumatized me enough that thinking about getting the kids prepared for another professional photo shoot makes my eyes glaze over. It was really a fiasco last time. Jack was 3 months old and cried the entire ride there. Meanwhile Grace who was 2, suddenly developed an aversion to her brother on the set. There is a huge gap between her and her brother in the shots where she didn't escape from the set in time. The kids both look sick as they were so pale from spending the entire winter indoors. It was awful, and I was a stress ball.

We really haven't even had a family shot of all of us showered and cleaned up since Grace was just a little one. (Now, that I think of it, there is a great one from the beach two years ago that Ken's mom shot...but certainly nothing with Faith.) I was so happy to get this picture from Nana. It's not professional, but most of us are relatively clean, and I love looking at our larger family, snuggled together and happy in one shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that you were traumatized by the last family photo because I still remember you telling me about it years ago. I am glad I was able to capture some great moments on my camera. Jack reminds me of his Uncle Christian. We have very few candid photos without Christian making a face or acting goofy.
I am once again carrying a "brag book" with my Atlanta photos in it. Everyone that is standing still or moving slowly has to look at my photos. Your family photo is the first one they see. They always say, "What a nice looking family" and one other thing. "Your daughter looks just like you". Well there does seem to be a little family resemblance, but you are definately the prettier one. That's what Father Time did when I wasn't paying attention.