Monday, April 24, 2006

Marathon Sleeper

Today was lovely because of one little person in my life (about 23 inches in length) who slept the ENTIRE day away. Faith woke up at 8:00am, hung out until her morning nap at 10:00am and then snoozed peacefully next to Mommy's pillow until 1:30pm. I was delighted enough over that super snooze. But she woke up only long enough to eat, and went right back out. I thought for sure when I gingerly laid her back down next to my pillow that she'd pop her head up. She didn't. That little tootz slept until 5:00pm!!!! After a cat nap around 7:00pm, she was back out for the night at 9:00pm.

Wow. I feel like I've had a Mommy's Day Out or something. I got so much done! I even pitched the six very dead gigantic Mums from last fall that were still on our front porch (very low on my priorities list). I played football toss with the kids. I even made a Control Journal and looking at the piles of junk in this house, vowed to really be a Flybaby this time. It is amazing to me how much time and attention a little 12lb sack of living potatoes can pull. You don't even realize how much, until they finally disappear into the Land of Nod for a full day's trip.

No comments: