Thursday, April 20, 2006

I've Lost The Battle

I give up...I'm heading into the OB office for the Mastitis issues. Faith is doing so well and really drinking a lot from that side. Mercy is upon me, as she has done some of her most thorough nursing in the last two days, but my body is turning a corner. A bad corner.

I woke up at 2:00am with a fever and my head was swimming with dizziness. My achiness that I had begun to feel the night before was full blown achy throbbing in all of my joints. Bad signs. Not signs that my body is kicking this in the tail. I called this morning to get in, and the office informed me that they were booked today. In a panic, I played the "super-sweet" card, and let them know that I didn't think I could go another 24 hours without getting pretty sick. (Translation..."You don't get me in there, you'll be seeing me on the 6 o'clock news.) A saintly nurse called me back, asked my symptoms and my history (I've had this twice before) and immediately said I could be squeezed in. I guess since I've had it before, she trusts that I do know what my body is telling me.

Luckily, I don't have a fever now, and I'm feeling decent enough to drive myself and the kids to the office. I'm trying to not go psycho on the kids, and so far so good.

This is all my fault. I've been staying up til midnight sometimes beyond. I've not been eating the greatest in the last two weeks - When does a homeschooling, home business, mother of three eat???? Everytime I have a free moment I fill it with what I need to get done, whether that be the laundry, cooking, schooling the children, graphic design work for the business, etc. Honestly, blogging is my best chance at sitting down and having some food. Lately, I've been nursing on fumes with a Yoplait yogurt and coffee holding me over until 1:00pm. That's just stupid, when I need 600 extra calories to nurse in the first place. At the same time, Faith has begun sleeping through the night. Bad combo. Shame on me. Stupid. (banging head on wall)

1 comment:

Mama Knucker Hatch said...

S. said...

It IS really hard to eat with 3 little ones. I'm currently 10 lbs less than I weighed when I got pregnant. That means I've lost almost 60 lbs in the five months since J's been born. SIXTY POUNDS. Now, granted, I could stand to lose it, but still. People ask me how I did it, and all I can say is, "Well, I don't ever eat and I'm exclusively breastfeeding".

Hope you were able to get those antibiotics and hopefully some pain meds as well. I've never had mastitis, but I've heard stories...

Be well.

(Comment moved by MKH during the In This Corner blog merge.)