Friday, July 07, 2006

Oh Bananas!

Yippee! We are taking solids. Well, kind of. More like:

Step One: Let mommy put three nicely spaced spoonfuls of homemade banana baby food in my mouth.

Step Two: Squeeze that hidden pocket in the back of my cheek with my tongue and shoot it all back out at her at G Force speed.

The bananas worked well. The homemade apple puree ...uuuummmm... not so much. We'll be doing the unsweetened applesauce.

Here's a photo that clearly illustrates, my little girl is not so little any more. We are now five months, and we've got the giant rolls of fat hanging from every limb to prove it.


Nothing screams, "I'm fed with Mama's down home cookin'", like a roly poly baby. We did learn how to work with gravity and roll over from our belly to our back in June. We might be a little late on that accomplishment, but again, her favorite position since her second month has been at a full weight bearing stand. How she can bear her own weight, is a mystery to me. She's solid. :)

She's the only child I know who can be always on the go, and going no where. Constantly active. Her mouth is also in high gear at all times. She's like a drooling vaccuum hose. Faith managed to find my chin during church last week and latched on at a full suck with the strength of a Shop Vac. That was funny.

What is not so funny, is her newest accomplishment...screaming. {{great}}

No comments: