Friday, July 21, 2006

A New Take On Weed Management

After looking through an animal tracking book from the library, Grace approached me with a proposition today:

"Hey, Mom. Did you know that the Snowshoe Hare eats WEEDS?"
"Why don't we get a Snowshoe and then we won't have any more weeds in our yard!"

Yes. I admit it. We have 3 foot weeds in our back yard flower beds. They go nicely with the 4 foot sunflowers though. I keep telling myself that I'm letting them go because I need them for our seed collection project when school starts. Right.

Being a housebun Mom myself in my college days, I'm all for another bunny. But Ken will never, NEVER approve of a rabbit again. (The things you can still get away with when you are young and married are no more.) We'll have to think of an alternative. But that was good thinkin'.

No comments: