Friday, July 28, 2006

Independence Day

The children told on themselves. Feeling very independent, they said that while I was busy in the basement they got their own bowls of ice cream. The kids even volunteered that they had washed their bowls and spoons, placing them back in the cupboard. They did this so that I wouldn't know --- aside from the fact that their own pride at how sneaky they had been put them at disciplinary risk. I'm the dessert despenser, following clean lunch plate approval, but I was somewhat amused and let it go.

Why I felt they had actually cleaned up everything is beyond me. I should have known better. Instead, I let the day slide until I revisited the kitchen 4 hours later. I'm quite positive that if they hadn't told on themselves, I would have never known, except for one small, teeny, tiny detail.

Yes gals...you can cry.

2 comments:

Mama Knucker Hatch said...

Krist said...

^^
I did that once when i was a kiddo.. Haa...

(This comment was moved by MKH from the In This Corner blog during The Great Blog Merge of 2007.)

Mama Knucker Hatch said...

Nana said...

Minor detail! They need to employ the services of Hatch next time. That's what dogs are for. Licking up the evidence!

(This comment was moved by MKH from the In This Corner blog during The Great Blog Merge of 2007.)