Thursday, December 29, 2005

Mandatory Vacation Instituted

After writing my post on little vacation time, I chewed on it for awhile, and decided that I needed to put my foot down and insist on a one week vacation. Baby Faith is four weeks away from arrival, and there is much to do before she arrives. I told the children that even though they might not need a vacation, sometimes Mommies need a vacation. With the children having plenty of games and new activities to play with, not having school has been less painful. They still asked for it today, but I am beginning to think that their reliance on it is more of a dependence on routine.

The tree is down, the Christmas cheer has been safely packed away, the house is relatively clean, and the projects are getting done...FINALLY. Hmm...Maybe a TWO week vacation should be instituted.

No comments: