Thursday, October 20, 2005

Montessori Tray: Manual Egg Beating

I have very fond memories of one of these nifty contraptions (manual egg beater) in one of my mother's baking drawers. I was always fascinated by it, and loved to watch how when I turned the handle everything worked in perfect synchronization. So yesterday, when I saw this in the grocery store, I had to buy the $8.00 ticket item for my two children who love hand mixing. My hunch was correct - it is just as intriguing a tool today as it was years ago.

Unfortunately, the one thing I forgot to buy at the store was eggs. So today the children have been taking turns mixing oil, flour, food coloring, and soap water together. I'm beginning to run out of ideas, as they keep running back to me asking, "Now what can I mix???".

This activity is a keeper your kids will appreciate.

No comments: