Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm Going To Need Another Floor In My House

The key to our homeschooling success (success = 1/2 peace + 1/2 learning) has been separation. The separation is radical. Things work best when one is working on a computer game on one floor, and I am working one on one with the other on the ground floor. Two neighboring rooms does not work, as the children have highly sensitive sonar systems and still find themselves wanting to do whatever the other child is working on.

I am finding that homeschooling is really a ballet of sorts in slow motion, with entrances and exits carefully choreographed. We also work on activities together, but the basics and the reading I reserve for "special time".

A small panic is growing in the pit of my stomach. What am I going to do when Faith arrives??? How will I juggle three? I'm going to need another floor in my house. And perhaps a 4th floor so I can run and hide.

No comments: