Monday, October 10, 2005

I've Been Tagged...Oh Goodie, Another Task

Apparently, I have been "tagged" by a fellow blogger who is doing Year 1 of Ambleside Online. It kind of feels nice, in an odd way. So...thank you. I tried to explain this to my husband, and he just gave me a "what???" look. I'm not much for passing things along, but I'll participate up to rule number 4 - (call me blogger friendless).

So here are the rules to the game:

1) Search your blog archive.
2) Find your 23rd post.
3) Find the fifth sentence (this is meant to say something about you).
4) Post that sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5) Tag five people to do the same.

That lands me at my school schedule post, and places me at the line:

"Now that it is complete, I can say that it was well worth the work!"

Yes. This does say something about me. I'm a born task oriented person. I'm as task oriented as you can get. I love it, and I hate it. It's a bit like living in a cozy prison. If I haven't completed at least three tasks in my day, I've failed the day. I also have many, MANY tasks I have started that I am still trying to complete. Task oriented people are task creators. We all have our To Do lists, whether they are in our heads or on our little lists. And somehow, with all of our task completing, we just create more work for ourselves (isn't it true?).

In a task oriented world, the irony (or tragedy) is the work is never done. There is a looming sense of guilt I am forever trying to appease. But I give myself those small moments of pure joy after completing the task. A fullness of satisfaction and sense of accomplishment. TO's are the only ones in the world who feel joy when we fold and put away the daily load of laundry. And then we are off again.

Can you be a mother and not be task oriented? I'm not sure that is cosmically possible. Now, off to fold that laundry.

No comments: