Saturday, November 05, 2005

Our First Born Turns 6 Years Old

Today our little girl now has to use two hands to display her age. The older she gets, the more I find myself reflecting on her youth and babyhood.

She was the one who filled my womb for the the first time. Never once did I fear her arrival and the unexpected. I had been expecting her with delight and anticipation for months. When she was born, she became the baby that "didn't count" in the eyes of other family because she was such an easy baby. It is true that she was born with a heart of gold, but I eventually earned the full title of Mother when she turned 3.

I remember enjoying her baby days, but longing for a day when she and I could talk and hold a meaningful conversation, sharing our thoughts and opening each other's eyes to new perspectives. We arrived at that moment this past year. And now my baby is six.

Happy Birthday Sweetheart.

Grace's first "real" necklace from Grandma & Grandpa.

Grace has earned it this past week: a new bike!

No comments: