Thursday, November 10, 2005

November Play Date

The kids and I had a wonderful time today at the local park with two other homeschooling families. I'm the play date coordinator in our group, and each month I try to get us together for a planned play date. Today I chose to ditch the standard playground and pick a great park nearby that has flat green lawns and loops and loops of sidewalks for bike riding.


Despite the gusty winds, the kids spent the next two hours in glee trying out each other's bikes and scooters, and kicking around the soccer ball. I tried to get photos of them in action, but between the wind and the constant movement of children, the pictures were pretty weak. The photo above was a spontaneous moment between Grace and Jack, when everyone else had left. Fatigue was just beginning to set in, but the children were still happy.

Later, Jack gave himself a voluntary nap while playing in his room. And Grace, came up and gave me a big hug telling me what a great day she had today at the park. That's what it is all about. Right there in an unsolicited hug. Being a Mommy just feels good.

No comments: