Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Half Inch Away From Faith

The excitement in my tummy is growing. My little Faith continues to be my strongest, most spirited child in the womb. And, while the house is not quite ready for her arrival (bumpers still to sew, and cradle and crib still to reassemble), we are all so ready for her arrival. This house needs a good dose of change. It will be such a welcome sound to hear a wee little voice again among us.

Tonight while laying on my back, it was as if I could have held her hand or foot if it wasn't for the 1/2 inch of tummy flesh between us. I could feel what probably was a small heel slowly moving around my belly, and I was able to practically grasp the very end with my thumb and forefinger. Just a 1/2 inch away from touching my baby girl...so close, but still two months away.

No comments: