Wednesday, February 08, 2006

All Slung Up - Adventures in Baby Slinging

The third time is a charm for finding a sling that mommy and baby love.


With Grace we did the baby Bjorn. Being the first child, it wasn't used much, and there was a whole lot of strapping and prep work to deal with. With Jack, I tried a monster sling that he practically drown in. I think he felt like he really was drowning in it, as he hated it just as much as I did. It felt like he could slip out at any moment and I felt like I had to keep my hand always around the sling for security.

Knowing I was going to NEED hands available this time for homeschooling, laundry, cooking prep, etc., I tried one last time to find a sling that might work for me and Faith. At last a sling that is sized to the mommy, and doesn't look like it walked off the plains of Africa! I have nothing but good things to say about Hotslings.com. The fabric is beautiful (I have two), and I can walk around the house with TWO free hands. Faith is snug as a bug, and manages to fall asleep in it in a minute flat. The only difficult thing about the sling is trying to eject her from her cozy space. But that is good problem to have.

No comments: