Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Our Mystery Sentence Game

I wanted to expand just a tad on the jumbled sentence game that I touched on a couple of days ago. The last couple of days I've been pulling sentences from our reading for Grace to unjumble and put together.

Today was fun in that I took 4 "clue" sentences from James Herriot's "Moses" and told Grace ahead of time that her sentences were clues to a book she had read that was in our house. It was her job to guess what book they were from after all four sentences were constructed. She liked the idea of having clues, and had it pegged after the second sentence. Here were her sentences:

Quickly I lifted the little creature and tucked him inside my coat.

She went over to the fireside oven on the big black kitchen range, opened the door and popped him inside.

They say you see something new every day at this game, but this is something I've never even heard of.

I never went to the Butlers' without having a look in the pig pen.

No comments: