Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Cream Of the Crop Web Sites for Kids

It takes a lot for me to bookmark a site for future use. The site has got to be very well done, pleasing graphically, easy to use, useful, and oozing with information. Most of my bookmarks revolve around how I can better supplement my homeschooling either through products or online activities. Here are some I have recently added to my small collection. All of these are worth your time:

Molecular Expressions: Exploring the World of Optics and Microscopy
Don't own a microscope? Who needs one with this site! You won't believe the amount of information you and your kids will glean. Hundreds of online slides and video are freely available.

National Geographic XPeditions
Geography lesson plans, activities, and atlas maps from the best of the best.

iKnowthat.com
You won't know where to begin with iKnowthat. I'm still looking through all of the interactive online activities serving to further educate children on everything from the arts to engineering. A first class site.

Steve Spangler Science Experiments
Looking for neat science experiment ideas? You can spend a day here.

No comments: