Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Creating A School Schedule

The last few days I have spent all of my free time hammering away in Excel on a schedule for this term. Ambleside Online, Year 1 predominantly for Grace, and Montessori heavy activities with number recognition, handwriting mastery and read-a-louds for Jack. I had a teacher's record book I had been using for a few weeks, but there weren't enough slots to add all of the Montessori and AO items, and I wasn't happy with the results.

My hope was that once the schedule layout was complete, it could be cleared and used for every term to keep track of where we are, and what we have done. Now that it is complete, I can say that it was well worth the work! After two days, it has been very helpful, especially since I wanted to revise some of Grace's Year 1 reading.

If anyone is looking for a homeschool schedule layout in Excel, I'm happy to provide a copy for you to use.

No comments: