Thursday, August 25, 2005

Montessori Tray: Flower Arranging

There has been some talk on one of my CM Yahoo Groups about including tea times with pretty tea cups once a day. This prompted a "What about the boys?" question, and further discussion on not wanting to feminize our boys. It has been an interesting thread, but perhaps I'm the one who is not feminized enough, since I have no motivation to add a tea time with all of the froo-froo in the first place.

But I will take the time to feminize my little knight:


Jesting aside...this is actually another Montessori activity usually done with fresh flowers...but the green thumb in me is completely burnt out this year, so it is paper or plastic. (The kids insist on adding water to the vases).

I actually put this together last term, but it is still out and being used. Cut up a wide variety of plastic cheapy Wal-mart flowers, get some cheapy colorful vases, and a big cheap basket. And there you have it. A big basket of flowers is irresistible. Keep it close where they can arrange on a whim, and you'll end up finding cheerful vases all over your house.

No comments: