Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Strongholds

So this is how Faith and I have been spending our time lately. I'm not sure who is more addicted to sling use...she or me.

I think she wins, as my shoulder by 8:00pm is a little worn (not the sling's fault, we've just be using it THAT much over the past few days, and I wasn't switching shoulders.)

And while this isn't the best picture, one of those "Well that really didn't work." photos, I think it speaks volumes about my life at the present:

No staging involved. I just happened to notice the irony of the photo once I really looked at it. See that book in the background? That's my workbook for my Bible Study that I haven't been able to attend or do in weeks. It is called "Breaking Free" and the series is written by none other than the wonderfully talented Beth Moore. The study is about breaking free of your strongholds so that you can focus on Christ.

At the time I started the study, I honestly couldn't think of any major strongholds that were standing between me and my Maker on a daily basis, and I was curious to see what insights Beth might be able to provide me with (as I'm sure there are strongholds there but I'm just ignoring the elephant in the room). The picture captures it all. The pacifier laying on top of the book like a lead weight. Myself attached to another lead weight. My stronghold isn't a "what", it's a "who"! (I do say this with tongue in cheek).

Ken and I affectionately call Faith "The Dominator". Right now, she is the dominant allele in the family (remember biology class?). I have been doing Bible studies for almost three years solid. And even though I don't wish to be without them, the Lord knows my little Faith and her giant needs. And I know there are great lessons to be learned in everyday life. But, oh... I do miss my studies and quiet time with Him.

No comments: