Saturday, March 18, 2006

My First Wrap!

My first wrap, came in the mail today, and I couldn't wait to try it out. I was completely intrigued by the wraps after reading many posts on TheBabyWearer.com forum, and I thought I'd give it the ol' college try. Faith had been napping all afternoon, and I practiced different wraps on Grace's baby dolls until she woke up. This picture is my second attempt at wrapping her in a Tibetan carry, and she fell asleep in less than two minutes. For the next 45 minutes she catnapped happily on my back, while I was able to pull dinner together. Isn't this amazing?

It looks a little weird as she is snuggled up with her favorite blanket inside the wrap, and I also got the wrap a little off center during the wrap, but she wasn't going anywhere, and was snug as a bug. How beyond mainstream am I? :)

2 comments:

Mama Knucker Hatch said...

S. said...

That is so cool! A friend of mine is Korean and uses their traditional wrap (can't remember what it's called, of course) and does the same thing -- baby on the back. Very, very neat. It must be much easier to cook dinner without the baby attached to your front with the sling.

I love your new haircut. VERY cute!

(Comment moved by MKH during the In This Corner blog merge.)

Mama Knucker Hatch said...

Jenny said...

I am loving your blog, and I really want one of these now!!! I'm in the process of making a Mei Tai, and have only had pocket slings in the past. I really want to branch out!

45 minutes of sleep is awesome!

(Comment moved by MKH during the In This Corner blog merge.)