Thursday, March 16, 2006

Silent Night...Please?

Today was a tough day for my little Faith-a-roni. She has good days, and she has bad days. And when she has bad days, they are BAD DAYS. Just miserable for her. I think the problem usually revolves around gas pains or gastro-intestinal build up (no poopy diapers for two days). Today, my guess is it was gas.

She was fussy all day, taking mere catnaps because she would wake up crying. We did the gas drops, but it wasn't enough. When evening rolled around (her usual fuss-bucket time) she was a mess. I ended up stripping down with her and holding her in the shower as the warm water beat on her back. We've done that before and she loves it, but the bliss only lasts for about 20 minutes.

By the end of the evening here was the scene: Me in sweatpants, robe and slippers, Faith in a diaper. Me walking slowly on our treadmill with Faith nursing feverishly at the same time. Me singing Silent Night, hoping the words to the tune will come true...all is calm, all is bright...mother and child...infant, tender and mild, sleep in heavenly peace...

After nursing on both sides things were actually very serene, with no further complaints from Faith. But what a tough day for my little one!

(Maybe it was my binge on Good and Plenty candy the night before. I knew I'd pay for that - just didn't know Faith would.)

No comments: