Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Babywearing Comment of The Month Award

just beginning to learn how to deal with all of the interesting comments that fly my way.

Yesterday, I took my three children to the mall to run a few errands. My seven week little girl was sound asleep on my back in a Tibetan carry with my new GM wrap (I was feeling very brave) and the kids and I were just exiting from a ride on the mall carousel. A lady with a baby in a stroller came up to me and said:

"Tell me...Is that a REAL baby in there?"

WHAT??????

At the time, l laughed and said the obvious answer. But later I thought about it again. If I had said:

"No, she's a fake baby. She's plastic. See? She's hollow... just like a melon." (demonstrate with a couple of little knocks to the noggin).

I wonder if the lady would have thought I was MORE or LESS weird for carrying a fake baby as opposed to a real one?

BTW, wrapping Faith for our mall trip made it the best trip to the mall ever. No bulky stroller. Just me, Faith hanging out for the ride, and Jack and Grace holding my free hands on either side of me. How liberating!!!

No comments: