Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Princess of Wails Gets New Chariots

This week I have spent hours upon hours perusing TheBabyWearer.com and its forum. What an excellent site for anyone remotely interested in digging into the world of baby wearing. Upon little Faith's request (and my shoulders) I needed to do some serious reading on two shoulder type carriers. So, after many, MANY hours of research on the forum for TBW and also looking over hundreds of reviews in their product section, I just purchased two Mei Tai carriers from Mei Tei Baby. I'm so excited! They look so beautiful. I purchased the Pink Brocade and Red Plum Blossom.

Faith has been taking all of her solid naps in the sling. And while I can tell that my baby wearing muscles are definitely strengthening -two weeks of heaving duty babywearing makes a difference, the sling has its limitations. Summer is heading our way, and we need some more airy options. Also the need to get housework or light cooking done works best with a back carry. With the fleece sling I can put Faith in a back carry cradle for toodling around the kitchen, but that's all I dare to do with a back carry, her size and a sling.

I did consider making my own Mei Tai -- but then I got real. Those 99in curtains are still sitting in a heap in the basement waiting to be finished. Time is money --- BUY the Mei Tais.

As I write, I'm enjoying the BEAUTIFUL Georgia weather. Faith is snoozing in the sling (buck naked w/ a diaper), tummy to tummy, I'm seated on the porch rocker, and every man and child is napping in the house. And yesterday, I got that haircut. All is well with my soul.

No comments: