Thursday, June 01, 2006

Three Band-Aids Later...

Well, I went to the dermatologist yesterday. It was a great relief to see that the office was well put together and "with it" technologically. The doctor was sweet, but brief. She took one quick look and said, "That's a cyst, and you can have it removed if you wish." And in her next sentence she said, "But that needs to come off dear", pointing to a group of two overlapping moles lower on my spine. After a full torso check she had located two other suspicious moles (a very dark flat one on my arm, and the same for my right shoulder). Next thing I knew, I was signing a consent form, and laying on my belly for a shave removal. They'll be tested, and results should be back to me in a week.

After all my belly aching over the giant cyst, it gets two seconds of attention, and instead, I'm walking out with a cyst still in place and three bandaids, covering locations where I should have been more concerned. I was in a daze driving home, trying to put it all together, think straight, and formulate a wise plan of action. I'm very grateful. A cyst is wonderful news to my ears. Of course the other three spots are not. This is where I see God's sense of humor play out. And his Fatherly love. He knows me so well. He knows I wasn't going to go anywhere near a dermatologist with those other spots that have been on my body for as long as I can remember. But start a giant harmless growth on her back...and that'll get her attention!

A good scare was good for me, minus the Pepto popping. Of course it isn't quite over until those results come in. I think it is time to start incorporating that yearly trip to a good standing dermatologist for both of us. My husband is very fair and has some spots that need to get checked out as well. I'll still get that second opinion, and get Ken in for an appointment too. That'll get us set to start and then I'll set up that next available appointment with the doctor everybody in our entire county seems to be seeing. A whole year out.

Get yourselves checked!!!!

No comments: