Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Musical Play Zones

I don't have the brain cells this morning to blog anything deep. Ken and my sister-in-law just left with a packed truck for the national show. I've endured two nights in a row of placing stickers on hundreds of promotional folders and mug boxes until 1:00 am, and then off to feedings through the night. But it is over. The adults in my life are gone, and I'm in a house with two more dogs (love em') and three little children for the next five days.

I did just off load the camera and had to post a few updated pictures of my scrumptious little baby. It's funny how many set changes she goes through in a day. The bouncy seat, the lap, the bed, the pillow, the johnny jumper, then back in the lap, off to 5 minutes in the Bumbo (which she still isn't thrilled about yet)...

...the lap, the porch, the swing, the couch, the new play gym (just sprung for and absolutely love)...

...the floor, the cradle, another bed, back in the lap, up in the wrap, in the car seat, in the car buggy (we just shined up after 4 years in storage)...


...and it goes on and on.

But where does she want to be most? Standing in Mommy's lap, carrying a sing songy conversation about the places she's been in her day. Every other location is just a temporary holding ground of 15 minutes max before she's squawking to be back face to face with an adult.

She could really care less about the toys, and junk that surrounds her world. She wants people not objects. And she rewards you silly for listening to her attention requests. She's going to be my social butterfly of the family. She's good with people. Nobody scares her. Not even the man at church with the giant mustache. Everybody receives her dripping smiles. She holds a magic in her face I only wish I could have with people. It has taken me years to figure out the balance of relationships and I still feel awkward, but for her it is so simple...

...just smile. One no-strings-attached smile from Faith, and the stars courtsey before her, while every human being in a 10 yard radius gets sucked into orbit, waiting their turn to hold the brightest star in the room.
Faith gumming her brown Indio in her happy place...
MOMMY'S LAP

No comments: