Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I've Been Quartered By Four Horses

Our scheduled summer beach trips are almost upon us, and Ken and I are doing a last ditch effort to get back into shape before we have to squeeze and wiggle our way back into swim suits.

So in order to get motivated for the occasion we took pictures. Yep. Of ourselves. Scantily clad up against a wall like the criminals of candy and fat gluttons that we are. Let me just announce that my mirror in my master bathroom has been LYING to me! I knew I had some work to do, but those pictures...oh my gosh...those pictures of me are HORRID. I've got fat in places I never dreamed of. The worst is the picture of my entire backside. I had no idea what everyone else in this world has been witnessing for the last who knows how many months. I never knew I was getting a good sized roll under the band of my bra!!! Not to mention a bunch of other scary places.

So, with those pictures fresh in my head, I took to the treadmill and did something I have never done. I pressed the "Burn Fat" mode. I usually just manually control my speed and elevation, but I decided that I needed a personal trainer to kick my tail for 30 minutes. I HAD NO IDEA. As the title says, I feel like I was hitched up to four horses and they took off at a full run in four different directions. Everything hurts. The wicked treadmill essentially had me run for two miles straight at a very fast pace with very little rest.

I'm supposed to visit my DVD friend Tammi Lee today to work on those abs and arms. I don't want to. After a full day of three kids. I just don't want to.

I need to go look at those pictures again before I burn them.

No comments: