Friday, March 16, 2007

Grandpa, This Blog Is For You

I should be in bed, but I don't think I'd be able to sleep without posting this message to my darling grandfather. Grandpa, I spoke to Dad today, and he told me about your wonderful visit together. What a fun adventure you two had! Dad also happened to mention that you showed him print outs of some of my individual blog posts.

You print my posts.

In the prime of your life, at a youthful 86 years old, you are such an inspiration to me. I want the entire world to know just how precious you are, but they also need to know what a catch of a grandfather I have.


Last April you wrote a message I will never forget. I hope you don't mind if I share it with the entire universe:

Subject: Your Knucker Hatches

Hi, from Grandpa Adams,

To let you know that I have appreciated receiving your family pictures and the neat descriptions that you have added. Please keep it going for me, at least.

Lots of love to you, and yours,
Grandpa, in Arizona


Keep it going... for you at least? Grandpa, you are the ONLY one who keeps me going when all of this blogging feels like time ticking by that will one day be lost in space anyway. On the other side of the states, I have a grandfather that checks my blog almost daily.

Even though we are miles apart, through the magic of the Internet, I can still share the nitty gritty parts of my life with my grandfather. And to beat all, he even prints a post here and there because it means something to him.

Just for you Grandpa, I post on. You amaze me.

All my love...Amo

1 comment:

Nana said...

A fine tribute to a wonderful Grandfather. You are indeed blessed to still have him and I am sure Grandma is watching over all of you from heaven. I only wish your other Grandparents had the Internet so they could keep up better as well. I am sure your blogs help him to feel closer to all of you even though you are miles apart. I don't know what I would do without them.