Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Has Anyone Seen September?

It has been forever and a day since I've opened up a blogger window. There is a time to blog, and September wasn't it. Everything was more important. Taking care of a sick family, spending precious time with my husband, homeschooling, preparing to lead my Women's Bible study, or trying to keep up with a just turned 8 month old who is already cruising like there is no tomorrow. It all took top priority.

Yep. She is CRUISING. When Faith is on her toes, we ALL are on our toes. Just today I caught her peeking out the window. It doesn't get any more precious than this...

In the morning she toodles around the crib from one side to the other. Every morning, it takes me by surprise. The petite little 16 pounder doesn't seem like she should be able to make such fine tuned motor coordinations. It looks surreal. But the beaming glow on her face, is very real. Pride never looked so cute.

On a daring day Faith will hang in the air before she reaches over for the next piece of furniture. She's discovered the stairs, but has only braved the first step. The little toot is a daredevil though...again a glimpse from today...


I've learned the hard way on some things. Asking the children to watch Faith for a moment so Mom can use the loo for two minutes, is NOT a safe idea. Two minutes is enough for Faith to raid the dog's kibble dish and then move on to taking a giant bath in the dog's water dish (while the kids look on in half paralyzed horror and half "let's see what she does next".) I find that I now have to pay closer attention to the older children. Grace wants to carry her everywhere, and Jack can't seem to be less than two inches away from her. In September, we went from code "Yellow" to code "Red" in two weeks.

The cuteness factor makes it so worth it...


...and so do the naps. I have NAPS now!!! Finally she is exerting enough effort to send her into two hour slumbers. And it is wonderful!

BLOG UPDATE: No sooner than after I hit the publish button, the children were sounding the code red alert. As if to put a giant exclamation point behind my entire post, I wanted to add one more visual aid. Apparently Faith considered my mention of hanging out no further than the first stair a challenge. In the time that it took me to blog this post, she decided to work a little harder...

Now you understand. This is my world folks!!!!!

1 comment:

Mama Knucker Hatch said...

Nana said...

I think of a caption each time I see a new photo of these wee ones. The photo of Faith at the window is precious. She seems to be saying, "Hey Mum, there's a whole new world out there I haven't yet explored!"

The photo of her climbing the stool should be titled, "And they thought they could keep me in the sink trapped in a bumble seat. Look out Mommy, I have mountains to climb."

Of course the last one of her climbing the stairs says it all. I can just hear Jack and Grace saying, "C'mon Faith, Mom needs some new material for her daily blog. Grace and I have some great ideas. Follow us, this is going to be good!

(This comment was moved by MKH when the In This Corner blog was merged)