Saturday, February 03, 2007

Zero To One in 24 Hours

On the morning of Faith's birthday, Jack peered into her room as she and I did a "Happy Birthday" dance together. Coming in for a closer look, he asked:

"Is Faith really one today?"




After I confirmed that she was indeed one, he carefully supervised her diaper change, making comments like:

"Her legs look longer, I think."
"Mom let's put her down and see how she walks NOW."
"I wonder if she understands any more words."


For Jack, the idea of Faith going from zero to one overnight is a concept he still is trying to wrap his mind around. I'm not sure what he expected, but it was his belief that overnight our little Faith would become a toddler. When I tried to explain Faith has been slowly working her way toward one all year long his eyes glazed over. And then I think I almost made his head explode when I told him that now that she was one, Faith was one day closer to being two!

Stumbling upon this photo today, made me realize just how much both Jack and Faith have grown in the last year. Both of them...just babies.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday, Faith! You have the same birthday (Feb. 3rd) as my husband!!
I love reading your blog...especially your homeschooling ideas :).