Monday, August 21, 2006

Beta Infested Waters

I thought I'd take the plunge, bite the bullet, and dip my toe in the beta infested waters of Blogger's new layout options. I did this today using my Out Of The Box homeschooling blog as a guinea pig. I don't like the idea of ditching my HTML code, and for the moment, that is what you have to do until Blogger opens up HTML editing for the layout with options, which they say is coming soon, but ya know...

There are a few problems here and there with the beta version, but overall, I'm really appreciating the upgrades. I've been able to still sneak in the HTML code through the text box option, and I'm using free time to assign categories to dozens and dozens of posts. It has occurred to me during this process just how many hours and how much time I have devoted to the three blogs. Wow. Scary. Rewarding. Blogger would make a pretty penny if they came up with a blog to PDF conversion so that we could all bind these bad boys in leather and send them off with our grown children as a reference manual.

No comments: