Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Too Big For My Britches

And....here we are on October 9th. Me and Hope. Hope and Me. More specifically, Hope IN Me. On her due date. But I predicted this from the moment she was just a little bean. She will show herself to be a true blue Knucker Hatch, late out of the starting gate. My visit with the OB on Monday showed some progress in that I have gone from 0 to 50% effaced in seven days, however, I am still at just 1 cm. Overall the news is good for a woman who has accepted that she doesn't go into labor on her own. At least I can avoid the cervical prep drugs the day before hitting "The Pit".

This past weekend, I took advantage of a tradition I started with Faith - "The Pity Party Pedi". Which always turns into much more as I indulge with my last bit of quiet time for myself. And so it became the "Pity Party Pedi Mani Brow Waxy With a Haircut On Top". It was LOVELY. My last haircut? One year ago. Yeah. It was less about indulgences and more about necessities.

The toes are pretty. The nails are colorful. The brows have been magically lifted with waxing. And the mane is at least no longer splitting. But this belly is uncontainable. They don't make pants for ladies that exceed their due dates. Pregnancy pants weren't meant to fit snuggly around a planet. Overdue = Pants Problems = Mandatory 24 hour PJ lock down. Hope...come out sweetie...you're embarrassing your Mommy.

4 comments:

Family W said...

Oh you're so right. They don't make maternity clothes for that 9th month. Those last weeks are miserable I agree.... I think its God's way of gearing us up for the birth. The more we want that baby on the outside instead of the inside, the easier it is to take the pain. Makes sense to me anyway. :) Blessings to you.

p.s. Don't they say Pedicures can send you into labor? Definitely a good reason to get one.... or three :)

Anonymous said...

I noticed your lovely nails yesterday! Isn't there an Italian restaurant somewhere in town that guarantees birth within a certain amount of time if you eat a particular dish or your money back? OK. That was a terribly constructed sentence, but you want to do Italian together this weekend (if I could only think of the place!)?

K. Reyes said...

Wow Cuz, that little Hope sure must be comfortable in there! I have all the sympathy in the world for you...I don't know how you do it. My babies are always too early, and if they are still cookin' by the 36th week I am a fat mess wearing a dress because by then I have already cut the elastic out of my expensive maternity pants in the desperate attempt at comfort. Of course then while my belly may be happy, my butt isn't because of the terrible sagging from the lack of elastic. I am pretty sure that if I went as long as you I would make the evening news as the gun-toting crazy prego woman who held up her doctor!!! You are a HERO!
But I am so happy that you got your mani-pedi-waxi-cut. The downside of delivering kiddos on the preemie side is that my feet always end up hangin off that table with a paint chip on each toe to represent the concept that I got a pedi sometime in the last 6 months:) CAN'T WAIT for the big news...I am cheering for you...and checking your blog about 10x a day in anticipation!!!
Love ya!

Mama Knucker Hatch said...

Thank you for all of your support ladies. You have kept my chin up over the last months with all of your encouraging comments. Alas, the manicure has since become a chipped mess, but it was worth it!