Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Handicraft Idea: Sequin Ornament Balls

Grace has inspired me to also pull some ideas from the Oriental Trading company magazine. One that caught my eye in particular, which we are now working on, are creating sequin covered ornament balls for Christmas. The entire process is so Montessori-ish that I couldn't resist. So on my latest Walmart trip I purchased a bunch of white foam balls, colored pins and colored sequins.

The entire activity only requires a steady hand (good for Jack) and concentration as you fill the entire surface area of the ball with sequins by sticking a decorative pin through the sequin hole to hold in place. It is time consuming, but it is one of those projects that they can sit down and do for a little while and then come back to. And NO glue!!!

No comments: